Select a Product
GRIGG™ Z–mendit™ Overview
GRIGG™ Z–mendit™ is a soil amendment that improves plant performance when it is added to a root zone. It is a clinoptilolite, which is a microporous mix of silica and alumina, that can be added to other growing media to enhance performance.
- Use for sports turf, golf greens and tees, in greenhouse- nursery mixes, in garden soils, planting beds and containers, for landscaping, roof gardens, transplants, and horticultural crops.
- Particularly suitable for sandy and coarse textured soils.
- Is a zeolite (clinoptilolite), a natural occurring mineral with microscopic pores. Researchers have reported benefits in water use efficiency, environmental leachate reductions and plant fertility.
- Has a bulk density of 60 lb/cu ft and carries a very high CEC (165 meq/100 grams) so only 8% to 10% in the root zone will increase your nutrient reservoir substantially to better facilitate nutrient availability and plant utilization in the root zone.
- Allows you to load the nutrients in balance where you need them - in the root zone. This by extension will assist efforts in offsetting the detriment constantly imposed by deteriorating water quality and the use of re-claimed effluent.
- Naturally light green in color and is ideal for topdressing after aeration or for use with a *DryJect® machine. This will further compliment and enhance your cultural practices by improving air and water movement, and help to prevent surface organic layers from sealing and restricting these vital functions as well as allowing for optimum gas exchange.
Application and Use
Apply Z–mendit to existing turf. Best results will be obtained if Z–mendit is worked into the root zone via aeration, drill and fill, *Dry-ject® or other method. Normal application is 275 to 500 lbs per 1000 sq ft (120-245 kg/100 M2) with aeration or other procedure to enhance placement into the root zone.
Turf - New Construction:
Z–mendit will enhance establishment of seed, sprigs or sod. Apply at least 5% by volume to top 6” (15 cm). Recommended rate is 10% - 15% by volume. Blend with sand prior to placement or lay out a grid of known size and apply the appropriate amount to each grid. Blend with rake or rototiller then proceed with seeding, sprigging or sodding.
Mix Z–mendit with divot mix for a 50% Z–mendit 50% sand ratio to enhance germination and moisture and nutrient retention capabilities.
Always water in thoroughly after application to help speed up breakdown.
Soil Amending Ingredients
Zeolite (Clinoptilolite) Ore . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 100%